Sunday, October 21, 2012

Playing In Traffic

http://lauranachman.wordpress.com/ FROM LAURA NACHMAN Longtime Philly broadcasting personality Ruth Weisberg is returning to her radio roots–as a fill-in traffic reporter for WWIQ (“The New IQ 106.9″) during the Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity shows. She made her on-air debut last week, and will be at it again all this week, while regular traffic anchor Matt DeFazio is away on his honeymoon. “My first Philly radio gig was in 1978, as the pioneering female voice for Shadow Traffic,” says Weisberg, currently a must-have, sought-after freelance voiceover narrator and voiceover coach. “Now I’m on the air again, surrounded by a much younger lineup of Energizer Bunny traffic producers and reporters. At age 56, I’ve come full circle within this proverbial hutch. I’m the Jessica Rabbit AND the Bunny Mother of all on-air traffic reporters. “I’m not bad, I just draw traffic that way.”

No comments: