Sunday, August 05, 2012

Becahi basketball player Husek is headed to Holy Cross

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/ FROM KEITH GROLLER Bethlehem Catholic basketball Matt Husek, a rising 6-foot-11 senior, verbally committed to accept a scholarship from Holy Cross last week. Husek had received numerous Division I offers but said he found a perfect fit from the school in Worcester, Mass. Holy Cross is coming off a 15-14 season, 9-5 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders lost to Lafayette in the tournament quarterfinals. “I’ve visited there a couple of times and I was impressed with the team concept and family atmosphere,” Husek said. “I just thought it made for the best fit for me academically, socially and basketball-wise. I’ve been offered from several schools, including others in the Patriot League, but I found the best fit. So, I figured why continue the process? I didn’t need to hear any more offers.” Husek, who lives in Stewartsville, N.J., has grown three inches since the start of last season. He has also grown as a player while spending most of his summer with the New Jersey Cyclones AAU team. He averaged 11 points, 8 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game last season for the Golden Hawks, who were 5-17 under first-year coach Mike Frew.

No comments: