Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jim Bridegam of Emmaus wins Week 8 of Groller-Zambelli Challenge

FROM KEITH GROLLER

My congratulations adn compliments go out to Jim Bridegam of Emmaus who won this week's Groller-Zambelli Challenge. I am not 100 percent certain, but I believe Jim had a perfect 10 for 10 record.

Impressive because this week was difficult.

I had been tied for the lead in the contest with about six or seven others with 50 correct (20 wrong) going into this week. Don't worry, I am obviously not eligible to win the contest and receive the prizes.

And I stumbled badly anyway, getting just six of 10 correct. That's why I tip my cap to Jim.

According to the leader board on the website, three are now tied for first at 57, three are tied for second at 56. I am on the three tied for second with two weeks left.

The games to pick for Week 9 are not yet up on the site and may not be until Tuesday.

But as a courtesy to Groller's Corner readers, if you want to start studying early, here's what the Week 9 games are going to be:

Catasauqua at Northern Lehigh

Bangor at Northwestern

Notre Dame at Salisbury

Wilson at Saucon Valley

Liberty at Easton

Whitehall at Nazareth

Lehighton at East Stroudsburg North

Poc. Mt East at Pleasant Valley

Tamaqua at Minersville

Pennridge at CB South

The huge Whitehall-Nazareth game, the battle for first place in the LVC, will be the tiebreaker.

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

No comments: