Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dan Dierdorf to Retire at the End of NFL Season

http://sportsmediajournal.com


CBS Sports announced today that NFL game analyst Dan Dierdorf will be retiring from broadcasting at the end of the current NFL season.
Dierdorf spent 13 years as a Hall-of-Fame offensive lineman in the NFL.  After his retirement Dierdorf spent 30 years as a game analyst for both CBS and ABC.
“I have been blessed to spend my entire life in the game I love,” said Dierdorf.  “I had an opportunity to go from the field directly to the broadcast booth where I have had the privilege of working with the giants of our business including Ray Scott, Lindsey Nelson, Jack Buck, Dick Stockton, Al Michaels, Frank Gifford, Verne Lundquist, Dick Enberg and lastly, my partner, Greg Gumbel. It has become a challenge for me to travel to a different NFL city every week, so it’s time to step aside. This has been a wonderful ride as I really have lived the dream.”
“For 43 NFL seasons Dan Dierdorf has been a consummate professional both on the field and in the broadcast booth,” said Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports. “Very few people in any profession can boast a Hall of Fame playing career and Hall of Fame broadcasting career.  Dan, without question, is one of them.  His CBS Sports family will miss him on Sundays, but we wish him all the best in his retirement.”

No comments: