Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Why Colin McDermott is more than just a great runner

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/ FROM KEITH GROLLER wrote about Colin McDermott (who else?) after his 379-yard, five-touchdown performance against Selinsgrove the other day. That came on the heels of the 260 yards he had against Abington Heights the week before in the state playoffs. In my Saturday morning column, I wrote a little more about McDermott the person and not just about his extraordinary running ability. Mc-central-catholic-piaa-football-1124-01 And I've gotten a few comments about that column from different people. I heard from David Ackerman, a CCHS English teacher and cross country and track and field coach. He wrote: "Colin remains one of the respectful, courteous and genuine individuals I have ever met. Watching his growth as an athlete and, more importantly, as an individual, continues to inspire all of us at Central." And then for the story I did in today's paper about CCHS coordinators Chris Kinane and Doug Yanders, I asked OC Kinane about McDermott. He has obviously made Kinane's job easy this year. But beyond what he does for the CCHS offense, McDermott brings a touch of class class to the entire squad.

No comments: