Saturday, May 15, 2021

1. How did you become diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy?


I Got sick at one year old and had a high fever of 102 and was in children hospital in Philadelphia and they said one time I would never make it but I MADE IT Through it!


2. Can you elaborate on some of your toughest challenges dealing with CP?

Some of the toughest challenges is not being able to drive and having to depend on my parents and the Bus company around here.


3. How does CP make you feel on a daily basis? Do you feel drained or fatigued at all?

I Don't feel any different each day. I Just wake up everyday and do my normal stuff and no I don't feel tired at night.


4. Explain how CP affects your daily communication.

Sometimes people have trouble understanding me but for the most part I do pretty well communicating. Once a person gets to know me, it all good!!!!


5. Can you support yourself standing up? Or must you use someone else’s assistance?

Yes I go to Physical Therapy twice a week and they stretch me out and I stand and sit. I Have good body muscles in me.

6. What are some things you do to cope with having CP? 

I Try not to think of being in my wheelchair and try to do as many stuff I can do that a normal person without a dissability would do.

7. You are generally a positive person, how do you maintain that level of positivity daily?

I Try 8. What are some of your hobbies you do in your spare time?

I Like to lay games on my computer and write in my notebook and listen to the radio at home when Iam free and like watching Sports on TV.

9. What kinds of things do you do in the local community?

I Help promote all the activities that my town has like concerts, movies and carnivals and stuff like that.

10. What things are you most passionate about and why?

I am most passionate at making people feel good, if I see somebody on facebook or twitter having a bad day, I send them a message to cheer them up and see what's going on.


11. You’ve inspired many to lead a better life through the example you set with your own life, what do your most inspiring quality is?

12. How do you relate to the athletes you coach? What methods do you use while coaching to make other athletes better?

Same answer that I answered in question number 13. 

13. What kind of motivational tactics do you use while coaching?

When they do something good I make sure they know they are doing well, I Give them fist bumps and when they are on the field I yell great job and sometimes I give pep speeches!

14. Being a person with CP myself, one of the toughest challenges when dealing with CP is muscular coordination. How do you overcome this?

I Just try to stay focus and think I can do this, I can do this!!

15. What kind of music are you into?

My favorite music is Soft Rock.

16. Do you have any places you’ve never been that you would like to go to someday once COVID restrictions are lifted?

I Would love to visit the NFL Hall of Fame in Ohio one day.

17. Do you have any genre of movies you prefer?

I Would say any Sports Movie!

18. Do you engage in any other social groups or clubs?

Nope but I Help with Ticket Taking at the High School Sports Events.


19. Does pineapple belong on pizza yes or no?

I Love pineapple on pizza. My favorite pizza is Pepperoni.

20. Do you have any advice for anyone who is not disabled about how to better interact with disabled people?

I Would say it a great learning experience to have friends like you and I Because it shows them life is not always perfect and their always bumps along the way. People like Kyle and myself can show people even though we are disabled, we are still smart and happy!!!


I Currently help coach 4 Softball teams, 3 are Tournament Teams where we will have 4 Tournaments this summer and the 4th one is just a Recreation Team!

I Also run the scoreboard for the Home Middle School Girls Volleyball Games!!

Would like to give a shout out to Jenn Daily, Reed Grover, Joe Dente and Josh Zigenfuse for letting me coach softball

And,

One big shout out to Dennis Riker the superattendant at Nazareth School District and Ray Ramella who is my boss for Collecting Tickets at the Sports Events!

No comments: