Friday, September 13, 2019

TV NEWS SEPTEMBER 13

https://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2019/09/fri-yay-were-up-schitts-creek-comedy.html

These days, it seems to be a trend that sitcoms want to be something a little bit more than a sitcom. Whether it's a twisty concept like The Good Place, an issues-based sitcom like One Day at a Time, or a comedy/drama hybrid like BoJack Horseman, there's a bit of a shortage of sitcoms that just make you...well, laugh, and that's it. And really, there's nothing wrong with that. I love all of the shows I mentioned to death. But lately I've been watching reruns of shows like 30 Rock and Happy Endings on Hulu, and it's made me miss the joke-centric sitcom, just a little bit. The shows I mentioned have plenty of great jokes - but it isn't necessarily the main focus, as it was with a show like 30 Rock. There’s a charm to a show that truly just wants to make you laugh.

No comments: