Sunday, October 14, 2012

One more blast of summer today in Philly for Eagles game

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/ FROM KEITH GROLLER We've had a taste of winter the last few nights. But today, summer seems like it's back. I stayed overnight on the Delaware-Maryland border after covering Lehigh-Georgetown in Washington, D.C. on Saturday. It took me an hour, or three rotations around the Capitol, before I figured my way out of D.C. Washington is a beautiful city at night, but you can't enjoy it while you're lost and trying to find one of the beltway routes. Anyway, as I passed the exit for Route 1 this morning, I was a little tempted to just head south and go down toward Ocean City, Maryland, one of my favorite summertime destinations. However, I am here at the Linc and it's just a gorgeous day in Philadelphia, where as I type at 11:40 a.m., you could sense a pleasant atmosphere for today's Eagles-Lions game. The weather (66 degrees right now) is so nice that I see several fans -- the electrical kind -- located behind the benches on the Eagles side of the field. Don't know if they will be necessary to cool the players down as it was still fairly breezy in the parking lot as I came into the stadium. However, for a mid-October game, the 65,000 or so who will be here today should have no complaints. No biting cold or chilling winds to deal with, that's for sure.Eagles, Oct. 14,2012 011 Always like to walk by some of the tailgates to see what's going on and there was an upbeat attitude among the hoagies, barbecued chicken and steak sandwiches. Even though the Eagles are coming off a disappointing loss at Pittsburgh last week, the team is 3-2 and fans are figuring on a win here entering the bye week and Andy Reid always wins the first game after the bye.

No comments: